2016 - 2017 TutorialsFor last year's tutorials, click here.
Tutorials are informal how-to sessions for sharing photographic knowledge. They are held on the third Monday of the month with some variance for holidays. Visitors are welcome.
Unless otherwise noted, we meet at Minneapolis Television Network (MTN) studios. The address is 820 18th Ave. NE, Minneapolis. Directions: The entrance to MTN studios is located approximately one block west of Central Ave in NE Minneapolis. Look for the MTN sign at the door and giant Legos east of the entrance. Parking is on the street next to the building. Do not let the fence and barb wire deter you from entering the building. It is an architectural relic from the days when it was the Minneapolis Arsenal. . You can find a map and directions here .
If you have ideas or suggestions, please let us know!
- September 19, 2016 7:00pm - Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Updates, presented by Rikk Flohr.
- October 17, 2016 7:00pm - Bring Your Camera Night and Explore Our New Meeting Place, presented by Mike Fuerst.
Bring your camera and after a short meeting, we will break up into small groups to explore the building where we meet. The emphasis will be on photographing architectural details.
- November 21, 2016 7:00pm - Matt Peterson - Light Painting, presented by Board member Matt Peterson.
Matt will present a tutorial on light painting, including techniques, compositional lighting, location selection and lighting sources. There will be a lot of information in this lecture; no need to bring a tripod or your camera.
Doors open at 6:30; meeting begins at 7:00. We hope to see you all on Monday for Mattâ€™s tutorial.
- January 16, 2017 7:00pm - Composites and Blending Using Adobe Photoshop, presented by Peter Wong.
- February 20, 2017 7:00pm - Star Tribune Outdoors Weekend Section, presented by Bob Timmons.
A journalist with the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper and the editor of its Outdoors Weekend section, Bob Timmons will give the tutorial.
- March 20, 2017 7:00pm - Mike Fuerst - In Mid Air.
- April 17, 2017 7:00pm - Table Top Models
Don Stauffer will give a tutorial about table top models.
- May 15, 2017 7:00pm - Still Life
Linda Staats will give a tutorial about Still Life images.